Fall is here, and with it comes the opportunity for signings and appearances. It’s such a treat to get into the world and speak with people, when I’ve been sequestered in writing silence. (Don’t feel too bad – I write on my deck near the water and sip coffee or wine – depending on the time. Not a bad gig!) Nevertheless, I love to chat and look forward to seeing you soon!
Here’s where I’ll be:
Sunday, September 21
The Brooklyn Book Festival
Noon – 2 pm Romance Writers of America Booth 816
I’ll be signing my novels SAVED BY THE MUSIC & THE GIRL NEXT DOOR, and advance copies of MELT!
There’s also a raffle you can enter!
3-6 pm Society of Children’s Book Writers & Illustrators Booth 221
No signing then – I’ll be volunteering at the booth. Stop by and say hi!
7 pm Thursday, November 6 (my release day for MELT – gulp!)
Long Island Writers House
24 Meadowbrook Ct., Huntington, NY 11743
Come celebrate the release of MELT at my launch celebration! Wine, snacks, cake and words! Who could ask for anything more? (A designated driver, perhaps.) Bring your friends! There will be games and prizes as well.
Here’s the official event evite: http://www.eventbrite.com/e/book-launch-melt-by-selene-castrovilla-tickets
Saturday, November 15
YALSA’s YA Literature Symposium Book Blitz, Austin, Texas
Attention YALSA librarians! I’ll be giving away 100 signed copies of MELT, hot off the press!
Friday, November 21
NCTE Annual Convention , Washington D.C.
Attention English teachers!
I’ll be a panelist at REAL STORIES: ADDING FLESH TO THE BARE BONES OF FACT
11:00 AM – 12:15 PM in Gaylord National Resort, Chesapeake 4/5/6
|Topic of Emphasis:||Composition/Writing|
Five acclaimed authors discuss real stories (nonfiction), with a view toward the Common Core Standards, and strategies that teachers can use in their classrooms to foster more engaging, fact-based writing with their students. Includes interactive audience participation and question/answer.
- Chair: Larry Dane Brimner author/former lecturer, San Diego State University, California –
- Tradebook Author: Larry Dane Brimner author/former lecturer, San Diego State University, California –
- Tradebook Author: Selene Castrovilla Calkins Creek Books, Island Park, New York –
- Tradebook Author: Kelly Milner Halls Chronicle Books, San Francisco, California, Millbrook/Lerner Publishing Group, Spokane, Washington –
- Tradebook Author: Cynthia Levinson Peachtree Publishers, Atlanta, Georgia –
- Tradebook Author: Roxie Munro author/illustrator, Two Lions/Amazon Children’s Publishing, Long Island City, New York
1-2 pm Friday, November 21
Book signing at Anderson’s Books booth
2-3 pm Friday November 21
Book signing at Highlights Press/Boyds Mills Press booth
What an exhausting day that will be!
That’s all for now. I will keep you posted. If you are having an event and would like me to sign, please let me know. I will also do book club Skype chats!
See you around 🙂